Not just a #realtor4u11/27/2018
Conecuh Sausage Co Inc
THE ULTIMATE CONECUH
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
4 cups diced Conecuh Smoked Sausage
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced yellow onion
2 tablespoons chopped canned green chiles
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken broth
4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (30-ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan
with a slotted spoon, and set aside on paper towels.
Reserve rendered fat in pan.
3. Add bell pepper, onion, and chiles
to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in pan. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and broth, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until
thickened, about 10 minutes. Add 3 cups cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
5. In a large bowl, stir together cheese mixture, pepper mixture, sausage, and hash browns until well combined. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
6. Bake until browned and bubbly, 45 to 50 minutes.
Yield: approximately 6 servings
If you like it go to my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/sharon.lynn.7545, and let me know!
I am a professional realtor, working the Eastern Shore and Greater Mobile Areas of South Alabama. I work hard for you EVERYDAY. Don't hesitate to call or test me if I can ever be of service to you!